Fenghuang Wanming Pagoda

Wanming Pagoda, known as 万名塔(Wàn míng tǎ ) in Chinese, is located on the north bank of Shawan area  on  the bank of Tuojiang River in Fenghuang Ancient Town. It is close to Wanshou Palace. Standing under the tower and looking west, you can see the Rainbow Bridge.

Wanming Pagoda was  first built in 1776 during the Qing Dynasty. After the original tower was destroyed, Mr Huang Yongyu,  born in Fenghuang Town and one of the well-known painter in China,  summoned the local people to raise money for reconstruction, and renamed it " Wanming Pagoda" in 1985.
Wanming Pagoda has six squares and seven levels. Each floor has six warped angles, exquisite and beautiful, and copper wind chimes are hung. The tower is 21 meters high, and the face of the tower is decorated with paintings and sculptures. There are half-moon arches and windows on all six sides, and the lower doors have couplets. On the main gate facing the Tuojiang River is carved the words "  万名塔(Wàn míng tǎ ), which means " Ten -thousand Names Tower".
Standing on the bank of the Tuojiang River, Wanming Pagoda  is upright and beautiful, and it is reflected in the blue waves of the Tuojiang River.

Travel Tips
Address: No. 24, Shawan, Tuojiang Town, Fenghuang County, Xiangxi Tujia and Miao Autonomous Prefecture, Western Hunan Province
Phone: 0743-3502059,0743-3223315
Opening hours:  all day
Entrance Fees: CNY 148( included the entrance ticket of the Fenghuang Ancient Town)


Ask Questions ?